I’ve been loaned a great book of a brilliant friend and wanted to share a part of it with you today.
The book is called Satir Step by Step: A Guide to Creating Change in Families and is an account of the work of Virginia Satir, one of the most prolific therapists of the 20th Century.
There’s one part that’s really resonated with me so I thought I’d share it with you for a little bit of lunch time reading!
The Five Freedoms
1. To see and hear what is here, instead of what should be, was or will be.
2. To say what one feels and thinks instead of what one should.
3. To feel what one feels, instead of what one ought.
4. To ask for what one wants, instead of always waiting for permission.
5. To take risks in one’s own behalf, instead of choosing to be only ‘secure’ and not rocking the boat.
Imagine living your life with these freedoms!
The book was loaned to me by the lovely Sonya Hudson who’s website is lifebodysoul.com/ so please stop by her site and take a look at her work.